Author Topic: Newbie Just Got His Alpha2 Up and Running  (Read 257 times)

EtoileBrilliant

• View Profile
Newbie Just Got His Alpha2 Up and Running
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:02 AM »
Okay. After all the negative press, I reset my expectations to about 2 or 3 out of 10. After about an hour of playing around with Alpha, I'd say that the boys and I are giving it a solid 5 out of 10 with potential to get to 7. As a mean of bench marking a 10 out 10 equates to UBTech's misleading promotional video where Alpha 2 hands out screwdrivers and does Spanish homework.

Some quick questions:

None of the 'play me <fill in the song title>' seem to work from the command list. I'm assuming that's connected to licensing difficulties. However the Android App attempts to log into Spotify but fails.  Should it be prompting from a username/password or is it supposed to integrate with the Spotify Account on the Android device?

Next YouTube shows Scott Watson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opyb4TCZMUw trying out some drag and drop beta software developed by UbTech. Unless my hearing is rubbish, he never reveals the name of the software - any idea?

Great site. Let's see if we can make Alpha 2 more than a footnote in Robotic development.

A247slacker

Re: Newbie Just Got His Alpha2 Up and Running
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 12:44:24 PM »
I agree with your rating they really need to release more actions that they create, how ever you can use the PC software under the downloads section of this site or get it from the UBTrobot site. this is the software you see in the YouTube video, with it you can create the action that is shown in their promotional video of the robot handing you a screw driver so they did not lie about this it is just not a built in action. the robot does translate English to Spanish if you ask how to say a word in Spanish it should work. I have not tried the Spotify feature but I think it might require a paid Spotify account to work, but this is just based on something I read on the UBtech forum site a while back. there are 2 releases of the PC programming software but not much of a change between them, there are also PDF instructions on how to use the PC software here in the downloads hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:39:13 PM by A247slacker »

EtoileBrilliant

• View Profile
The Lights are On But No One is A Home
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 07:44:50 AM »
Okay, 2nd time we get Alpha 2 up and running. he lifts his legs, his eyes flash but he does neither respond to verbal commands nor says a thing. I was thinking that it may be the volume control but stroking his head doesn't improve matters.

Any ideas before I try and get Ubtech involved. Is there a 'factory reset operation'

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5