Author Topic: Eclipse or Android Studio for Alpha 2?  (Read 2252 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Eclipse or Android Studio for Alpha 2?
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:10:13 AM »
Hi All,

I have coded before in Eclipse many moons again when kitkat was the latest version. Now however, when I do a search Android Studio comes up, it's seems it's out of beta now so I was wondering what do people use? And, what would be better to code in for Alpha?

I'm on the verge of having a play but would like to go down the right path first :-)   This answer may also depend on what other members use..

Thanks,

Steve

emptiness

• View Profile
Re: Eclipse or Android Studio for Alpha 2?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »
AFAIK Android Studio is the only supported android IDE at the moment

Android Studio is just Intellij IDEA with additional plugins so you can use it for more than just android (I installed Intellij and just added the android plugin)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:21:27 PM »
Hey fella,

So now my Alpha is back up and working I've downloaded Android Studio.  I've imported the Alpha2Demo app and it's downloading the right SDK's (22 and 23).

Have you looked at the demo yet?  I'm very rusty with my coding so it's going to be a bit of a steep learning curve I think again! 

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 11:21:51 AM »
I haven't got around to looking at the demo yet - not having received an Alpha yet I wasn't feeling very inspired

maiquelrinco

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 09:49:30 PM »
 :-( only android studio works?

I was thinking in using Delphi Berlin who you can dev apps for iOS and Android with the same bytecode and decide to export to iOS and Android?

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 10:49:16 PM »
:-( only android studio works?

I was thinking in using Delphi Berlin who you can dev apps for iOS and Android with the same bytecode and decide to export to iOS and Android?

I've never used Delphi Berlin so maybe it does. I think Xamerin can also produce android apps. What I meant to say is that Android Studio is the official google supported IDE now (and not the older eclipse based system).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5