Author Topic: Other bots Alpha 2 owners have  (Read 1281 times)

A247slacker

Other bots Alpha 2 owners have
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:04:40 PM »
I have a few bots along with my Alpha 2 v2.0
Cozmo
Aibo ERS-210 Gold
Pleo first generation
Sphero 2.

how about other alpha 2 owners? what bots do you have?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Other bots Alpha 2 owners have
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »
I got a couple of the wowwee ones, robosapien v2 (kept falling over.. lol) and some dino one. Other that that nothing really. . I have  amazon echo and have ordered a google home.  I link echo to a home made RF signal 433 generator to control my lights and sockets, hoping google will take it's place. Would love to get Alpha to do this too.. in fact it should be easy if I can get my head around the sdk... I keep getting eof java error!

O I did try designing and making my own once.. sadly the servos weren't strong enough..  Photos attached.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 02:35:24 PM »
couple more.. this is the one I 3d printed.. He did have arms and legs but the servos didnt have any feedback at all.. had fun designing and building it mind!  But Alpha is sooo much more !

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 09:52:04 PM »
I have a NAO v5 as well as a couple of home-built robots in-progress:
- a hexapod (hardware done but need to work on the software)
- conversion of a radio-control K9 toy into a Raspberry Pi controlled robot with camera and touch screen

I'm also waiting for a Blue Frog Buddy robot

CarlC

• View Profile
    • Emotion Robotics
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 12:28:43 PM »
I have a Nao 3.3 with a V4 head, and 3 x Nao V5 (two are demo units for my company).
There is a Pepper, a RoboNova , Aibo ERS210 around the place
Along with a home build hexapod and a tracked robot we printed and setup with a Redbear Duo

I am also awaiting my Buddy from Blue Frog.

---------------
Carl Clement
Robotics Application Developer
Nao/Pepper Platforms

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »
I have a Nao 3.3 with a V4 head, and 3 x Nao V5 (two are demo units for my company).
Along with a home build hexapod and a tracked robot we printed and setup with a Redbear Duo

Wow Carl.. 4 Nao's  ... dam you're my new best friend ;-) I've never seen one in the flash.

Not heard about buddy.. off to google!

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »

The main web site is: https://adoptbuddy.com/en/
The indiegogo campaign page is: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/buddy-your-family-s-companion-robot-family-social#/

They were due to ship last December but have now postponed shipping for the second time (hey It's not just UBTECH!) and are currently promising delivery in July this year.

maiquelrinco

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 01:40:00 PM »

WOW!!

There's thing in the market better than NAO Humanoid actually ? - I'm talking about Humanoid domestics robots.(domestics means more cheap than Boston Robotics robots *lol*)

I would like to buy one NAO...no enough money, so I go for Alpha 2...bad way to start...little frustated  :-[

CarlC

• View Profile
    • Emotion Robotics
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 06:08:21 PM »

Wow Carl.. 4 Nao's  ... dam you're my new best friend ;-) I've never seen one in the flash.

Well, to be honest it is my job. I am one of the UK distributors for Nao and helped develop the Nao applications that are used with Autistic Children. My company also develops bespoke applications on Pepper (Nao's big sister).

Alpha 2 just looked like a fun addition to the family and a good excuse to dust off my Android development skills that have been unused for far to long. My Alpha 2 arrived today so I Am busy trying to work out how to make him do stuff. And trying to understand the documentation............. it is a challenge but I am sure I'll get there.

Carl
---------------
Carl Clement
Nao/Pepper Platforms

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 08:04:40 PM »
Hi Carl,

Let me know if you're struggling.. Although I doubt you will need it. :-)

Sounds like a dream job to me.. I would love to do something that involves designing something up and seeing the reward of smiles at the end! I currently design and sell LED lighting to the Police / Prison service, not many smiles on the inside.. lol Although I do have my other hobbies.. like designing and building clone quadcopters.. lol 

Steve

CarlC

• View Profile
    • Emotion Robotics
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
Thanks Steve

Your YouTube videos have already answered a bunch of questions on the PC software.

Cool looking drone. I am guessing you fabricate too. I noticed the iMoov hand in one of your videos. I love my 3D printer, it's a god send for getting your ideas off of paper.

Carl
---------------
Carl Clement
Nao/Pepper Platforms

maiquelrinco

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »
Hello Carl,

cool to known for us you are NAO Developer, so you can tell us by your experience in Dev, how are the image signature library of NAO? what it uses to known objects, as in Android we can have OpenCV....

NAO with his library for detect image signatures your opnion is could be good than Alpha 2 with OpenCV ?

Well I got cmucam5(pixy) and was thinking Alpha 2 need a good hardware for image signature detection...this will bring robots to another stage of iteraction and autonomous exploration.

Regards,

CarlC

• View Profile
    • Emotion Robotics
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 10:22:34 PM »
Hi Mike,

Good to meet you, thanks for all your posts here, they have been really useful for an Alpha 2 noobie like me.

On Nao, and Pepper, image processing is still done with OpenCV. One of the interesting things we saw done at a recent hackathon we ran was where people hooked Nao and Pepper up to the Tensor Flow image recognition AI running on a local linux PC. The image was grabbed in OpenCV and then sent to the Tensor Flow for processing. It worked pretty well.

By default, you can teach Nao a set of objects or flash cards and they are stored in a database on the robot. Once you have trained Nao, you can copy the database of objects off of Nao and embedded it into your own application. That way you can distribute a set of flash cards or objects with your application and the recognition database can be loaded by your application at runtime. That was the technique we used for a number of the flash card based games we developed for using Nao with children suffering from autism.

Carl
---------------
Carl Clement
Nao/Pepper Platforms

A247slacker

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 07:18:05 PM »
here is a video of Ubtech doing some of the objection recognition stuff with Alpha 2 but not heard anything sense
maybe someone on here will get this working on Alpha 2

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5