Author Topic: Setup to start dev with Alpha 2  (Read 2357 times)

maiquelrinco

Setup to start dev with Alpha 2
« on: December 28, 2016, 08:54:32 PM »
I finally receive my Alpha and I got some questions:

1. My windows is 10 Pro, when I run the programming software, then I go to download actions who open a page in the app store of Ubtech, but then the system stop responding and close unexpected, someone has the same problem ?

2. How I can check my latest version of FW of Alpha 2 to start dev?

3. The best way to install APK is copying the APK to some folder inside alpha2 and then execute that ?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Setup to start dev with Alpha 2
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:13:22 PM »
Hi Mike,

Great news on getting your Alpha :-)

1. Not sure on actions, never tried to be honest but will give it a go later.

2. Alpha starts with two programs every time you turn him on. One is the services that are always running. The other one is the chat partner that is the one you hear all the time. You can use Vysor to view there version number in settings .. apps.

3. To install a APK I think the easiest way is to plug alpha into the pc. You should be able to access it and copy the apk say to the downloads folder. Then use Vysor to start up the explorer app on alpha and install the apk from there.

Vysor is a Google extension that lets you view alpha as a tablet so you can see just what's going on. :-)

Hope this helps

Steve

maiquelrinco

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:05:44 PM »
Version of Programming software from Ubtech AlphaRobot2S 1.0.0.4

I try download acton at login menu, because you see there's a lot of chinese prigrams who exists and wasn't open to Europe Store of Ubtech, there's a lot of APKs

How to run the file explorer to install APK inside vysor?

I'm figuring out how that thing works...

thx for explains and sorry for ask too much, I think this is only at start to get knowhow

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:16:02 PM by Mike »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:17:22 PM »
Why did you mean your ROM build date?  Mines November I think but I'm not sure if Ubtech build a ROM per robot as you have a December build date.

I would be interested in what version your chat program and services are.  You can pull all these off via a couple of ADB commands.. I'll see if I can find them for you if you want to look.

Let me know if you find anything interesting :-)

maiquelrinco

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:16:19 PM »
Ok I will start to explore , first thing, to install APK using any file explorer its impossible because there's no file explorer in this ROM, did yours have one ? or you try to install APK using ADB commands?

Let me known how did you install all APKs you have in your screen in your youtube videos. Because I don't have too much, take a look.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:50:44 PM »
Mine had a file explorer already installed.  Must of removed it.. but like you said you can side load one over adb. Something like the Asus file explorer is a good one.

So something like

adb install APKname.apk

APKname.apk should be in the same folder as adb .. then restart alpha and you should have it in the menu.

Hopefully you will sort it :-)

maiquelrinco

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 07:09:16 AM »
Fuck now, I was thinking about they must removed it. I will try to find out the ADB coments to try load an Filé explorer, otherwise if you get the how to of update ROM or someone else already do it because their alpha broken, please share, I need a better ROM. Mine is totally cut off all apps.

Cheers guys,

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 09:13:45 AM »
You could try an APK installer.. I've googled and found one, also found the asus explorer..

APK Installer - http://cdn.apkinstaller.com/download/ApkInstaller.exe

Asus File Explorer - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/zenui-asus-computer-inc/file-manager-zenui-asus-computer-inc-2/file-manager-zenui-asus-computer-inc-2-2-0-0-333_161109-release/asus-file-manager-2-0-0-333_161109-android-apk-download/

Don't worry, it's quite easy to install a file explorer .. :-)

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »
You could try an APK installer.. I've googled and found one, also found the asus explorer..

APK Installer - http://cdn.apkinstaller.com/download/ApkInstaller.exe

Asus File Explorer - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/zenui-asus-computer-inc/file-manager-zenui-asus-computer-inc-2/file-manager-zenui-asus-computer-inc-2-2-0-0-333_161109-release/asus-file-manager-2-0-0-333_161109-android-apk-download/

Don't worry, it's quite easy to install a file explorer .. :-)

Thanks for the links. I've been away for a few weeks but am back now and eager to try some stuff with Alpha

maiquelrinco

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 09:48:07 PM »
Hello Steve,

I get work with Neuron, just try another APK and installed the OpenCV, may other users will need OpenCV as well, so who works at mine is under attach,

I open the Neuron App, So using vysor I see whats happen like a CAM and Alpha with Green Face Tracking but the Head Tracking doesn't work and as well the accelerometer, the version 1 who is in download have that functions ? Alpha doens't move his head to tracking me and as well don't stand up.

Just feedback for you.

I Try to attach but doens't work , so the file name was OpenCV Manager_v3.00_apkpure.com.apk

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 07:30:48 AM by Mike »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 10:23:32 PM »
Hi,

Try saying 'turn head tracking on'  OR 'can you see me' .. this should activate the head tracking.  Not sure why the standup isnt working.  Can you have a look in the actions folder on the sd card to see if it's copied the actions over? They will be named front standup and back standup from memory.. or something like that.

Thanks,

Steve

maiquelrinco

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 07:36:37 AM »
Good Morning, I will check that, I'm going to work right now.

As you talk about SD card, you mean the only nand who is mount when you connect alpha to the PC is really an SD card or its internal storage?

As you allready open alpha could you confirm if alpha has a storage to upgrade, like another slot SD extra or something to upgrade his storage.

Send me specifications of yours.

Regards mate,

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 04:50:33 PM »
Sorry, yes the nand flash not the sdcard. My mistake. 

When I took alpha apart I couldn't see any sdcard, all memory is on board by the looks sadly.

maiquelrinco

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 08:07:01 PM »
this is no good :-(

maiquelrinco

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »
other question about coding and your neuron app, we need to keep running the Alpha2services APP when your program neuron is running, because your program in vysor get stuck, i'm running off memory :-(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5