Author Topic: UBTECH update!!!!  (Read 2114 times)

A247slacker

UBTECH update!!!!
« on: January 05, 2017, 02:25:45 PM »
https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/05/amazons-alexa-now-lives-inside-a-dancing-robot/

I sure hope the Amazon Alexa features they are showing on their new Lynx robot are going to be added to our Alpha 2 being that they look to be the same robot just a different color!!!!

Well Ubtech already replied to my Facebook post asking if the Amazon Alexa feature from the newly announced Lynx robot would be coming to Alpha 2 owners here is their response "UBTECH Robotics Thanks for your question, for now Lynx is the only platform with the Alexa technology."

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:38:09 PM by A247slacker »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: UBTECH update!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »
That looks like the same robot!   I don't see any reason why we couldn't run the same software.  It would be nice infact if we could add Alexa ourselves.. I'm sure there must be some instructions / open source software somewhere which we could use.

A247slacker

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:20:15 PM »
Amazon has released a SDK but not sure if that is what is needed. and im not sure if it is free or not.

maiquelrinco

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »
amazing news!!!!

maiquelrinco

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 08:02:22 PM »
https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/05/amazons-alexa-now-lives-inside-a-dancing-robot/

I sure hope the Amazon Alexa features they are showing on their new Lynx robot are going to be added to our Alpha 2 being that they look to be the same robot just a different color!!!!

Well Ubtech already replied to my Facebook post asking if the Amazon Alexa feature from the newly announced Lynx robot would be coming to Alpha 2 owners here is their response "UBTECH Robotics Thanks for your question, for now Lynx is the only platform with the Alexa technology."

we are fucked!!

We need to sell our alpha 2.

ASAP kkkk

maiquelrinco

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:05:02 PM »
Question,

We can use Google speech Engine in Alpha 2 ?

Steve you are actually the master at this subject.

Because I get install google translate in Alpha 2, but the thing is used the speech recognition engine from google .

Regards

A247slacker

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 08:07:21 PM »
ouch they just did their Live stream from their CES booth and they did not even show Alpha 2 at all in fact it looks like it was not even at the booth he walked all around it and not one spotted in the back ground only showed LYNX, alpha 1, Jimu and Cruzr. not even a mention of Alpha 2!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ubtechroboticscorp/videos/1853278011556653/

comeplaydie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 08:12:08 PM »
Do you think Alpha 2 is a dead project for UBtech now? have we been screwed?

A247slacker

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 08:20:01 PM »
will see i just posted this to the indiegogo commnents

Ubtech/Rover Lu you just did your live stream from CES and not a mention or showing of Alpha 2 robot at all just Lynx, Jimu, Alpha 1 and Cruzr! where did the development money for Lynx come from being that it looks exactly like Alpha 2 other than color? your not going to give us the Amazon Alexa on our Alpha 2? I can not believe this! I was recommending Jimu to my tech friends that will stop as of now and in fact I will be explaining to them how all this has played out!!!!

comeplaydie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »
will see i just posted this to the indiegogo commnents

Ubtech/Rover Lu you just did your live stream from CES and not a mention or showing of Alpha 2 robot at all just Lynx, Jimu, Alpha 1 and Cruzr! where did the development money for Lynx come from being that it looks exactly like Alpha 2 other than color? your not going to give us the Amazon Alexa on our Alpha 2? I can not believe this! I was recommending Jimu to my tech friends that will stop as of now and in fact I will be explaining to them how all this has played out!!!!

I will look forward to the reply... although I'm expecting the usual half answered shit >.<

comeplaydie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »
I've had my Alpha 2 up for sale for a while but I don't really want to sell... its just the lack of info with the the backers has been terrible with UBtech , i'm just disappointed and now we hear this so screw them tbh.

A247slacker

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
It is looking to me like they used part of the money to improve Alpha 2 and make it Lynx, I and other early indiegogo and Ubtech Forum members suggested that they add Alexa type functions to Alpha 2 before Amazon announced that they would have a SDK so that companies could put Alexa in other devices. I sent direct messages to them about this when they first announced Alpha 2 I was the 7th indiegogo backer.

comeplaydie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 08:40:04 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if it was 100% the same bot though... not like alpha 2 couldn't run it, let's be honest.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »

A247slacker

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
Cool so even if they do not maybe you can figure it out  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5