Author Topic: UBTECH update!!!!  (Read 2467 times)

comeplaydie

• View Profile
Re: UBTECH update!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 09:00:27 PM »
Don't you need some kind of account for it to work though? with a registered product? swear I read that somewhere :S

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
I am reg'd on amazon as a developer.. so should be okay on that :-)  not sure if I can share my key however on github.. will have to see.

maiquelrinco

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »
To register as amazon developer is free, so we can get a key for us, the thing is if the speech engine of amazon alexa with that library will work on that board, I was thinking that board is too slow for processing, what did you think about guys?

We have 3 Choices:
1. Sell our alpha 2
2. Wait until someone figure out how to put alexa voice with that libraries in Alpha 2 and see if works well or not?
3. Force Ubtech to help us to upgrade our robots, because we support their project and now, we are in the lost paradise with half robot.

:-\

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 05:45:03 AM »
.. 4th option..

Buy a Lynx from Amazon.. rip the software out of it and send it back.. :-)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 05:47:02 AM »
The other question that occurred to me is .. Would someone really pay the same price as an Alpha 2 for a moving Alexa?   I'm guessing no, so not sure where there pricing will be on this new Lynx unit.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile

comeplaydie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
Another fake functionality vid no doubt.. lost my patience with UBtech now.. even if we get an update i'm no longer buying a single one of their products...  Alpha 1s was good but I've sold him now.

I'm amazed you got a response with the cs because I've only had one reply ever.
(not on about Rover at the indiegogo site)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:44:11 PM by comeplaydie »

A247slacker

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 06:55:45 PM »
well Ubtech is going to live stream today again on Facebook showing off Lynx for those interested.

comeplaydie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 06:59:37 PM »
Any idea what time? Shame we cant get a backer to ask some questions live on air xD

A247slacker

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 07:37:19 PM »
it was just on 2:35 eastern time it was short and they did not show much at all but did say price of Lynx is 799$ ouch for anyone that paid over 799 for their alpha 2! they tried to show Cruzr but it did not listen to the host so they ended the video. well they pulled the archived video of course because it was a epic fail for Cruzr but I got to see it live before they pulled it!!  :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:48:21 PM by A247slacker »

A247slacker

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
Ok they just re recorded the video and posted it now on Facebook more polished video this time they did not say the price though

maiquelrinco

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »
Tired of UBTECH videos also  >:(

CarlC

• View Profile
    • Emotion Robotics
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to say that adding Alexa functionality may be an option.

I like to fiddle with embedded systems in my spare time and over the weekend managed to get the Alexa Voice Services (version 1.0) example onto an Intel Edison. If it can run on that it should run on most platforms. I was using Python in that case but it should be possible to move AVS functions into an Android app (I just need to get my Android development skills out of the rust bucket).

The key here is going to be, being able to record the microphone input directly rather than letting Alpha grab it and process it. Anyone looked at that in the SDK?

Carl
---------------
Carl Clement
Robotics Application Developer
Nao/Pepper Platforms

alanau

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 10:56:33 PM »
Carl,

The Mic resource is available directly to your android app.  There is a SDK function SetMic(Boolean) that you can set to false that's supposed to prevent the Alpha services from using the MIC also.

I actually got Google Voice mostly working with Alpha 2, so that's promising for Alexa.

Alan

maiquelrinco

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 11:07:44 PM »
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to say that adding Alexa functionality may be an option.

I like to fiddle with embedded systems in my spare time and over the weekend managed to get the Alexa Voice Services (version 1.0) example onto an Intel Edison. If it can run on that it should run on most platforms. I was using Python in that case but it should be possible to move AVS functions into an Android app (I just need to get my Android development skills out of the rust bucket).

The key here is going to be, being able to record the microphone input directly rather than letting Alpha grab it and process it. Anyone looked at that in the SDK?

Carl

Carl

Take a look

https://github.com/willblaschko/AlexaAndroid

it's done.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5