Author Topic: TTS  (Read 2323 times)

CarlC

• View Profile
    • Emotion Robotics
TTS
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:47:36 PM »
Okay this is going to sound stupid but I can't get my Alpha2 to say anything from my program.

Works fine in the Chat program they supply but when I try in my own code I get silence.

I have built an app that I can run and Alpha 2 recognises when I speak to it, returning the text and the JSON from the speech server to the onServerCallBack.

The instance of the robot is initialised  (mRobot) and I have called:

mRobot.initSpeechApi(MainActivity.this, MainActivity.this);
                   mRobot.initChestSeiralApi();

inside the ClientAuthorizeListener(). As I say the speech recognition is working really well.

But when I call mRobot.speech_StartTTS("Something for the robot to say") I get total silence.

Anyone have any idea what I am missing?

thanks

Carl
---------------
Carl Clement
Robotics Application Developer
Nao/Pepper Platforms

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TTS
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:40:43 PM »
Hi Carl,

Have you tried Neuron to see if that one works? Just wondering about comparing the two.. that's all.

Steve

CarlC

• View Profile
    • Emotion Robotics
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:28:12 AM »
Hi Steve.

I tried Neuron and got no responses from the robot. I then ran it in debug (using the github source) and can see the speech recognition but I am never getting to the if clauses where the recognised text is processed. It was a quick test so I need to do a bit more and see what is happening.

Carl
---------------
Carl Clement
Robotics Application Developer
Nao/Pepper Platforms

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Hi Carl,

Sometimes I found that for some unknown reason I was getting a java error.. I had to power Alpha down, remove the battery.. reboot and then he was fine again. It might be the case of something similar?

Steve

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 03:50:14 PM »
Carl and I did some more debugging and we are both (for our different apps) getting the same error code back from speech_StartTTS()

API_ERROR_APPID_NOT_ACTIVE

This is strange as we have both registered apps with the UBTECH site and initialised our apps with the correct ID.

Steve, for Neuron, did you have to do anything else apart from using the app ID you generated on the UBTECH site with

new Alpha2RobotApi(this, <<MY APP ID HERE>>, new ClientAuthorizeListener() { ... } ); ?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 04:50:46 PM »
Hi, nope that's all I did then added it to the code. Strange that.. not sure what it could be.

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
Hi, nope that's all I did then added it to the code. Strange that.. not sure what it could be.

Steve, just checking. What version of the SDK are you using? The version Carl & I downloaded from the UBTECH site appears to date from July 2016. Is that the version you have too?

emptiness

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 10:08:00 AM »
Just got a response from UBTECH. They say that the problem will not arise if the app is launched from the mobile client. That's not very useful for debugging. Have asked if there is a planned SDK update that will fix this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5