Author Topic: where is eveyone???  (Read 642 times)

A247slacker

where is eveyone???
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
no one is posting on here? where are all the Alpha 2 owners?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:58:34 PM by A247slacker »

emptiness

• View Profile
Re: where is eveyone???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 06:33:23 PM »
I'm still here!

To be honest, since the end of the Indiegogo campaign I've been waiting to see if UBTECH will continue to produce updates for and support the robot.

A247slacker

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 11:52:26 AM »
I hear that I continue to contact the support to keep reminding them that they should create videos of how to use the PC program in depth covering all the different features. they said they will be nothing yet. I hope they start to push videos to their youtube channel on alpha 2. I need to try and load the new version of chat and services but again I wish they had a step by step video on how to do this correctly. I think ill hit them up again about it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:54:19 AM by A247slacker »

pimpito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
I thik this robot proyect itīs dead.
I hope I'm wrong, but it looks bad.
I have 2 robots and I have them in a box picking up dust because they are not good for anything.

A247slacker

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 12:13:46 PM »
yea I have played with making some custom actions but I would like some videos really showing us how to fully use the PC software. so I could get good at making my own actions. it would be nice to have actions beyond the default dances, and stories, i was hoping we could make our own stories and actions to new dances with the software. it would be nice if ubtrobot would release new actions as well, they know how to do them you would think they could have a one or 2 person team just kicking out new actions and providing them for download.

comeplaydie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 04:58:04 PM »
Sadly I think its a dead project now and im feeling better about selling my Alpha 2 now.

Ive been keeping an eye on progress but its one hell of a slow one.. I say sell why you can and look for an alternative :s

alanau

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 05:47:30 PM »
I've actually been developing for Alpha 2 when I find the time.

A couple things that I've hit a roadblock on is that the servos are just not designed for real robotics.  The servos are designed for playback.  You have to send a command for a position and time to reach that position, and if you send a new position prior to that first command finishing, the robot just ignores the new command.  This is a huge limitation to develop anything truly robotic/reactive.

I've already emailed Ubtech to see if they have a solution to the problem above, but as usual, no response.

Alan

A247slacker

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »
this tech has been pretty responsive you could try him sam.yang@ubtrobot.com

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »
I've actually been developing for Alpha 2 when I find the time.

A couple things that I've hit a roadblock on is that the servos are just not designed for real robotics.  The servos are designed for playback.  You have to send a command for a position and time to reach that position, and if you send a new position prior to that first command finishing, the robot just ignores the new command.  This is a huge limitation to develop anything truly robotic/reactive.

I've already emailed Ubtech to see if they have a solution to the problem above, but as usual, no response.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I've not been active on here for a good while now.  I got so dishearted by Ubtech not pushing updates out and felt the whole Alpha2 thing to be a complete con..

Saying that, I think there is a response thats called that you can monitor for the movement. You might need to build yourself a stacking block for instructions, that waits for this flag to change then sends another instruction.  It's that long now since I played but I'm sure there is something in there..

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5